LAST UPDATED: 1:05 AM 8 May 2021
- May 6 2021, TOI: Elderly patient with 25 HRCT beats Covid
- covidfightclub.org: Find oxygen, plasma, hospital beds and more pan-India
- indiacovidresources.in: App to track resources (beds, ambulance, oxygen) by city
- covidsos.live: Dynamically curate the essential resources from the most helpful/verified posts.
- Introbot – Whatsapp bot providing instant pan-India help for verified Oxygen, Hospital Beds, Ambulance & medical need.
- life.coronasafe.network: Verified Crowd Sourced Emergency Services Directory – Oxygen, Medicine, Hospital, Ambulance, Helpline, Food
- Uniformapp.in: Detailed COVID Resources List for #Oxygen, #Beds, #Remdisivir, #Favipiravir, #Food. Currently covering #Lucknow, #Indore, #Jabalpur, #Baroda, #Ahmedabad, #Delhi, #Noida, #Pune, #Mumbai, #Chennai, #Hyderabad.
- Team SOS India
- Sood Charity Foundation
- Delhi Govt: https://delhifightscorona.in/requestplasma/
- Delhi Police (via https://www.delhipolice.nic.in/)
- Plasma Banks Delhi NCR.xlsx [Source: https://twitter.com/i_MansiGupta/status/1389441849492873222]
Hospital Beds – Delhi
- Delhi Govt (https://delhifightscorona.in)
- Hospital Beds Dashboard: https://coronabeds.jantasamvad.org
- Covid Beds List: https://coronabeds.jantasamvad.org/beds.html
- Oxygen Beds List: https://coronabeds.jantasamvad.org/oxygen-beds.html
- ICU Bed: https://coronabeds.jantasamvad.org/all-covid-icu-beds.html
- Delhi State Health Mission (https://dshm.delhi.gov.in/): Hospital Bed Status Link
Covid Tech Resources
- 7 April 2021, WHO: COVID-19 Essential Supplies Forecasting Tool, COVID-19: Essential resource planning
- 4 April 2020, WHO: Oxygen sources and distribution for COVID-19 treatment centres, Interim guidance, COVID-19: Clinical care
Medical Guidance (As per Expert Sources)
CRP (C-reactive protein)
- Dr Bharat Gopal, senior consultant, pulmonology at Fortis Hospital in Delhi answers some questions relating to CRP, HRCT Scan D-Dimer And IL-6 tests
- CRP stands for C-reactive protein, which may be raised in infections caused due to inflammatory reaction and related tissue destruction. One possible explanation for the rise of CRP levels when a person is COVID-19 positive is the overproduction of inflammatory cytokines which are released by the body to fight the virus. What is important to note here is that usually, a blood test to determine the CRP value is done on day five or six. Only in cases where the condition of the patient has worsened, which in turn warrants a change in therapy, is the CRP test prescribed earlier.
- If CRP is more than 70mg/L, even with normal SPO2-, it could be an indication of impending cytokine storm, which needs immediate interventions.
- IL-6 is one of the key mediators of inflammation and viral cytokine storm in COVID-19 patients, i.e. when the body shows a hyper immune response. We have found IL-6 to be an effective, readily implementable test that can help provide substantial insight into proper patient management.
- However the delay in sample collection and early measurement in the lab leads to errors in the results. Hence, it’s more important to do this in case of hospitalisation in moderate to severe cases, where an IL-6 therapy is being planned. For mild cases, CRP can be itself a good marker.
- This is a CT scan of lungs to look at the involvement in COVID. Do note that not everyone needs to get a CT scan done.
- HRCT chest is being inappropriately used by both doctors and patients for mild cases, who do not have hypoxia.
- It is not to be performed in every patient with a RT-PCR positive report.
- The Better India
- [Googledocs] INDIA-WIDE COVID-19 RESOURCES: This document primarily includes a list of verified contacts, websites and organizations to access hospital beds, covid medication, plasma donors, oxygen cylinders and meal deliveries in various cities.
CHARITY / DONATION LINKS (From Social Media)
- INDIA DONATIONS – COVID
- Here is a list of local orgs helping Indians survive covid – intended for people with intl credit cards. A WIP – this list is a start.
- Please point me to local, community, and volunteer-led efforts.
- Twitter: Tweet or DM me @lavanyadj
- Covid Relief – Charity Links for Foreign Donations Only